Established in 1976, the Gateway PGA is one of 41 sections of the PGA of America that in total services over 28,000 professionals in the United States. The objective of the Professional Golfers’ Association is:
- To elevate the standards of the Professional Golfers’ vocation
- To promote interest in the game of golf
- To protect the mutual interest of its members
- To assist deserving unemployed members to obtain a position
- To improve the economic opportunities of members by the encouragement of contracts of employment that contemplate improvement in the profession through substantial adherence to Guidelines and Goals of Employment established by the Board of Directors
- To institute a benevolent fund for the relief of deserving members
- To effect any other objective which may be determined from time to time by the Association.
The mission of the Gateway PGA, which is comprised of over 300 professionals at over 200 facilities in eastern and central Missouri and southern Illinois, is to abide by the above PGA Golf Professional’s Code of Ethics and to provide its members with meaningful playing, educational and financial opportunities while promoting golf at all levels in the geographical confines of the organization.